Welcome to Gamze Smokehouse, we are a family owned and operated business in North East Victoria that has a passion for good quality and locally made food. We make premium smallgoods from unique recipes with love and many years of experience.
All our products are:
• Free Range
• Gluten Free
• Hand Crafted
• Preservative Free
• Naturally Wood Smoked
If you are looking for an all-natural product free from unnecessary food additives then our smallgoods are for you!! We do not use a chemical nitrite (250) in the curing process, replacing all commonly used chemical ingredients with natural alternatives so to eliminate any E numbers. At Gamze Smokehouse we believe in using locally grown ingredients, low food miles and making everything by hand in small batches.
Like us on Facebook www.facebook.com/GamzeSmokehouse
Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/GamzeSmokehouse
Gamze Smokehouse's Butchery & Smallgoods Making Master Classes at our state of the art smallgoods factory in Wangaratta.
Participants will experience an amazing day of hands on butchery and smallgoods making in the setting of this unique functioning smallgoods factory. A wonderful chance to learn from Slovenian butcher Felix how he creates his free range, all natural product free form unnecessary additives that features beautiful ingredients from Victoria’s North East. Exploration of the different technics and tastes will be discussed in this perfect day for the budding home production foodie interested in charcuterie.
Class costs $300 and will include:
- Welcome Coffee & Cake and site tour showing in detail how ham, bacon & smallgoods are made.
- Butchering masterclass - a whole pig following this participants will be given a shoulder of pork to bone out and prepare for mincing under instruction.
- Sausage Making - participants to dive in and get their hands dirty making their own sausage mixture adding herbs, spices, etc to produce their ultimate sausage.
- Take home Sausages - Participants individual mixture is then filled into skins, then linked with everyone taking home about 10kg of sausages to enjoy.
- Boning Knife - Professional quality boning knife to take home.
- Gamze Smokehouse apron will be supplied that you will also take home to continue with your new found passion for charcuterie.
- Hot lunch from the smoker and afternoon tea of charcuterie, local craft beer and High Country wine.
Class 10 am – 4 pm
Dates for 2016 June 5th & 25th, July 3rd, 23rd & 30th
147 Vincent Road Wangaratta
Bookings essential so purchase from website or email interest to
Ham Jam 2015
Gamze Smokehouse was one of the selected hams to be put through a blind taste test by a group of foodies from Good Food that appeared in the Epicure 1/12/15. Check out the LINK to view the article and comments and scores. Our ham scored well and as mentioned is true free range, hand crafted and chemical preservative free.
Gamze Smokehouse is accredited by the Victorian Farmers Markets Association and currently attends the following markets each month.
1st Saturday Wodonga Junction Square
1st Saturday Coburg
2nd Saturday Elwood
2nd Saturday Wangaratta
3rd Saturday Gasworks (Albert Park)
If you are a Cafe, Butcher, Delicatessen, Food store, Restaurant etc that would like to use our range of premium smallgoods please contact us for wholesale details. Email
for wholesale pricing and delivery details. We are currently welcoming new clients and are always interested in new relationships and projects in food.